Information about us
This Site is owned and operated by The Brilliant Club ("TBC"). TBC are registered in England and Wales under Company Number 7986971 and have our registered office located at 66 Hammersmith Road, London, W14 8UD. We are a not for profit company limited by guarantee and a Charity registered with the Charity Commission under Charity Number 1147771.
Accessing our Site
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or our entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
Trademarks and copyright
All rights, including copyright and database rights, in our Site and its contents (including but not limited to text, photographs, audio, video, graphics, downloads, streams and software) are owned by or have been licensed to TBC or are otherwise used by TBC as permitted by applicable law. Except as set out below, in accessing our Site you agree that you will access the contents solely for your own personal, non-commercial use or as authorised by these Terms, and you acknowledge that you are not permitted to copy, download, store in any medium (including any other website), distribute, transmit, modify or show in public any part of our Site without the prior written permission of TBC or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
is a UK registered trademark of TBC and that its unauthorised use would constitute a violation of TBC's intellectual property rights.
Where material on our Site is made available for you to download, you may do so only for your own personal use or for the specific purpose of teaching or advising students at school or in Further or Higher Education (the "Authorised Use"). You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for the Authorised Use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our Site. You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for any use other than the Authorised Use and you are not permitted to use any part of the materials for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. You may not alter the paper or digital copies of any materials downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You agree to acknowledge TBC prominently in relation to every image and/or textual extract which you download. You agree that you will not use any material from our Site in any way which may be derogatory of the material itself, the source of the data (HESA or LFS) or TBC.
If you print, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Our Site contains various competitions and other features that are each governed by additional rules. Please read those rules, posted or linked at each feature, before participating in them, as they form part of these Terms.
Warranty and liability disclaimer
This Site is provided by TBC in good faith on an "as is" basis and TBC makes no representations or warranties, conditions, express or implied, about its Site or the material contained or referred to on it or available for download from it, and will not be held liable in any way for your use of it. Except to the extent as permitted by applicable law, TBC and any other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby disclaim all warranties, conditions, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. TBC or any affiliated company or individual excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, losses and expenses whatsoever including loss of income or revenue, loss of business, anticipated savings revenues, profits, data, goodwill or reputation arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Site or any information, content, software products or services obtained through or downloaded from our Site and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor out liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. TBC endeavours to ensure that all information and material on this Site is correct and accurate but does not accept any liability for errors or omissions neither does TBC warrant that use of this Site will be uninterrupted.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Site changes regularly
We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information about you and your visits to our Site
We process information about you as set out above. By using our Site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
TBC makes reasonable attempts to exclude viruses, worms, trojans and other malicious or destructive computer code from its Site and the Site's contents (including downloadable material) but cannot guarantee such exclusion. TBC gives no assurance (whether express or implied), assumes no obligation and accepts no liability or responsibility in relation to such exclusion. You are strongly recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before using this Site or downloading any information or content from it.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links to other websites
Neither we nor any of our subsidiaries are responsible for the content of any other website, including any website through which you may have gained access to our Site or to which you may gain access from our Site. We do not accept any liability in connection with any such Sites or links. Where our Site contains links to other Sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those Sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Linking to our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with these Terms the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our Site other than that set out above, please address your request to info@bestCourse4me.com.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold TBC and any affiliated company or individual harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, related to any violation of these Terms by you or your authorised users, or in connection with the use of our Site.
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Those who choose to access this Site from locations outside the United Kingdom do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
General Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter this prize draw.
2. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
3. Entries must be received before midnight GMT of the closing date. TBC is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information.
4. TBC will not accept responsibility for late or lost entries or for any misdirected, delayed or destroyed entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
5. The prize draw is open to all residents in the UK and Ireland except employees of TBC, any associated company or person, their families, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
6. Entries received from outside of the UK and Ireland, as well as those containing incomplete entry details are automatically exempt from participation.
7. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. TBC reserves the right to alter the prize without notice to an alternative prize of the same or higher value where necessary to do so.
8. TBC reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize although every effort will be made to provide a prize of similar quality and value.
9. The winner will be drawn independently and at random from the eligible list of entrants to the prize draw.
10. The winner will be notified by email within 4 weeks of the closing date.
11. The winner may be required to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from a prize draw. The winner agrees to have their first name and town of origin published on the TBC Site. Details of the winner of a prize draw will be detailed on the TBC Site within 7 days of the draw date.
12. To obtain the name of the winner please write to TBC. Please give the title of the competition and send a stamped addressed envelope. No entries should be sent to this address.
14. TBC's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. TBC reserves the right to vary, replace or withdraw the prize draw at any time.
16. TBC reserves the right to hold void, cancel or suspend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so at any time.
17. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other rules or requirements set out in any prize draw promotional material used by TBC. Promoter: TBC.
Race for the Top: Win an iPad2 Terms and Conditions
1. The closing date for entries is 31st December 2011. Winners will be formally notified (by email or post) within 21 days of the closing date. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. Where we notify a winner by email, we will ask for confirmation of receipt by reply email. If we do not receive a reply from the winner within 30 days, the Promoter may redraw the competition and select another winner.
2. This promotion is open to all UK residents, excluding employees of The Brilliant Club their agents/families or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
3. Entry to the prize draw is automatic once you have registered your earnings score on the Race for the Top online game on www.bestcourse4me.com. To register your score you need to enter your name and email address on the registration page and confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Online entry only. One entry per person per valid email address via the website is permitted.
4. The prize consists of 1 x Apple iPad2. The prizewinner will be selected in a random draw.
5. Prize is subject to availability with no cash or other alternatives will be available except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value.
6. In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute this prize with a reasonable alternative of an equal value. The prize-winner agrees that no liability shall be attached to TBC or parties connected to TBC as a result.
7. The prize-winner may be required to participate in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion.
8. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries.
9. To be eligible, correct entries must be received on or before the closing date of 31st December 2011. All entries shall become the property of TBC, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed. Proof of sending e-mails is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by TBC on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. TBC reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TBC corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, TBC reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10. By entering the competition, competitors agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material.
11. The Promoters decision is final.
12. In the event of any changes to participant's telephone number or email address during the promotion, TBC are not able to retrieve or amend any existing entries to the new telephone number or email address.
13. We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We will not give your details away to any other party, or use it for marketing purposes.
14. If you tick the 'Tell me more about bestCourse4me' box on the registration page, we will keep you updated with information from the website.
15. The brands/prizes being given away have not in any way endorsed, sponsored, or supported the promotional activity. Apple, iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
16. To obtain the name of the winner please write to TBC. Please give the title of the competition and send a stamped addressed envelope. No entries should be sent to this address.
17. The competition/prize draw is governed by the law of England and Wales.
18. Promoter: TBC.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Site, please contact info@bestCourse4me.com. Thank you for visiting our Site.